A Doppler ultrasound may help diagnose many conditions, including :
• Blood clots
• Poorly functioning valves in your leg veins, which can cause blood or other fluids to pool in your legs ( venous insufficiency )
• Heart valve defects and congenital heart disease
• A blocked artery ( arterial occlusion )
• Decreased blood circulation into your legs ( peripheral artery disease )
• Bulging arteries ( aneurysms )
• Narrowing of an artery, such as in your neck ( carotid artery stenosis )
• Obstetrics doppler scan is a form of ultrasound scan that helps assess baby’s health inside mother’s womb during pregnancy. It measures the blood flow in different parts of baby’s body, such as umbilical cord, brain and heart.
• Gynecological reasons to check on an ovarian cyst, for example, and / or to help diagnose an ectopic pregnancy and to see the flow of blood from the placenta to baby, or in baby’s body itself.